Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Call me Tex

Arlo wants me to change my name to Tex. "Isn't that a cool name, Mama?"
In other news, we are still learning and growing together. We are all sort of catching the tide of Sol's Shakespeare kick, our Netflix queue is full of biographies and documentaries on the bard, as well as performances of several plays. I ordered the Usborne Stories of Shakespeare, a beautiful hardback book that turns the plays into stories for kiddos. This will make Aley happy, since she is obsessed with reading Romeo and Juliet! They will be our bedtime reading for awhile. Sol's reader friendly copy of Hamlet is here, and that is prett neat. Shakespearian text on one page, translation into modern English on the right.
Sol watched Nova, his favorite PBS program last night, whle the rest of us splashed in the pool. It was about cuttlefish, odd little guys! After the kids went to bed, I added tons of Nova DVDs to our Netflix.
I love unschooling. We all unschool. We all pursue our interests and take time to smell the roses!
I asked Arlo what kind of books he wanted me to get him from Nightbird, and he said,"Books about animals. Hippopotamus, turtle, all the animals"
Life is good. And life is for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment